Thursday, November 12, 2009

Stormy...

Well, today when me and my dad where driving home a storm started! I absolutely love thunder storms! Their so beautiful and inspiring to me, the lightning bolts flashing across the sky and the thunder sounding throughout the skies like drums. Anyway, I was so afraid about halfway up the road to my house, a large lightning bolt flashed down from the sky about 7-8 feet away from us! Though it still doesn't change my weird fascination with thunder storms, I do admit, I was really scared! I mean, what would happen if it hit one of the power lines? Or us possibly! Just so many feet away and it would've, just think about it. It is a good reason to be scared, even of something so outgoing and beautiful.

Anyway, thunder and lightning are still playing around outside in the dark, its raining but not pouring, though the air is freezing cold. I love water, especially rainwater, the sound of it dancing off everything is like a song from the clouds. I think water and rain are the most beautiful things in nature, and prefer rainy, stormy weather rather then sunny and hot weather. Listening to the rain slowly gain force on the earth and then calm slowly down seems to relax me, I guess it's why I love it so much but it's also very hard to explain.

I will most likely draw something representing stormy weather, like a scene of rain and thunder flashing through the clouds. I think it would be amazingly fun to try my hand at landscapes and express my love towards the subject at the same time. I would like to express that feeling of electricity that surges throughout your body during a storm but also evoke that relaxed lazy feel as well.

I just set up my video camera in the kitchen window to record the stormy sounds! Lets see what it catches! Oh, I'm so excited! I will probably post the video later if it's possible to post videos here. But, for now, with nothing more to say, I will go.


Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such beautiful writing! I didn't know you were a great artist and writer! You have to e-mail me your mini books. I love rainy weather but I don't exactly love storms. They kind of scare me but I adore rainy days. Not so much nights, but days! I love to splash in the puddles! We should do it some time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO! I would love to splash in a puddle!
    Wow, and thanks for the writing compliment!

    ReplyDelete