Monday, November 30, 2009

My writing: a novel

So, currently, though I haven't been drawing much I've been working on a novel. It's my first novel, since all my stories are to short to be referred to as 'novels.' I'm very excited, and have given the first chapter to my friend to read since she is also an aspiring writer. Someday I hope to (alongside with selling my artworks) write my own novels (published) and illustrate their cover-art as well. Incorporating my two loves into one! I've been writing ever since I've been drawing, and to turn those passions into a future career would be...beyond my wildest dreams! Somehow I'll find a way to submit the finished novel here, when it is finished. I was inspired to start writing a novel after I read some of my writer friend's short stories. I've been working on the piece for a week now (hence my lack of posts...) My friend reviewed my work and said it was greater then anything I've written so far, (she may or may not have been just being nice, but she said it should be made into a film!) I laughed, but she seemed serious! Lets just say I was very eager to continue writing after she had said that.
Sadly I am working on refining my summary (to post here for critiquing) so I can't post it right this second. But I do promise you it will be up VERY soon. So, if you want to see it, keep checking back here for more.

Bye  =)

PS: sorry for such a short post, I just wanted to let you know I'm still alive here. (and to tell you about my novel of course!) =D

2 comments:

  1. I really want to hear your novel even if it's not finished. Can you send it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure. Its kinda like a fantasy book. I'll send you the summary first so you'll know if you'd be intrerested in it or not. :)

    ReplyDelete